- 1⁄4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon packed dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced or pushed through a press
- 4 Vegetable oil
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops, each about 8 ounces and 1 inch thick, trimmed of excess fat
- 4 firm but ripe plums, about 1 pound total, each cut in half
- 2 garlic cloves, minced or pushed through a press
- 1 cup Carnivor Shiraz
- ¾ cup low-sodium beef broth
- 1/3 cup plum jam or preserves
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary, about 6 inches long
- 1 ½ teaspoons cold unsalted butter
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Whisk the marinade ingredients, including 3 tablespoons oil. Place the pork chops in a large, resealable plastic bag and pour in the marinade. Press the air out of the bag and seal tightly. Turn the bag to distribute the marinade, place in a bowl, and refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours, turning occasionally.
- Prepare the grill for direct cooking over medium heat (350° to 450°F).
- Lightly brush the plums on both sides with oil. Grill them over direct medium heat, with the lid closed, until they begin to soften, 4 to 8 minutes, turning once (the cooking time will vary depending on the ripeness of the plums). Remove from the grill and cut them into ¼ -inch slices.
- Remove the chops from the bag and allow them to stand at room temperature for 15 to 30 minutes before grilling. Discard the marinade.
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, warm 2 teaspoons oil. Add the garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the wine and bring to a boil. Boil rapidly until it is reduced to ¼ cup, 7 to 8 minutes. Add the broth, return to a boil, and cook until the mixture is again reduced to ¼ cup, 8 to 9 minutes. Stir in the jam, vinegar, and rosemary sprig, reduce the heat to medium-low, and simmer until slightly thickened, about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat and discard the rosemary. Add the butter and swirl until melted. Season with ¼ teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper, add the plums, and set aside.
- Lightly season the chops on both sides with salt and pepper. Grill them over direct medium heat, with the lid closed,until they are still slightly pink in the center, 8 to 10 minutes, turning once or twice. Remove from the grill and let rest for 3 to 5 minutes. Serve warm with the roasted plums.
Share this Recipe