- 1 ½ pounds ground chuck
- 1 ½ pounds ground sirloin
- Sea salt & freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed (or neutral) oil
Red Wine Teriyaki and Grilled Pineapple
- 1 ripe pineapple, peeled and sliced into ½-inch rounds
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup mirin
- ½ cup Carnivor Shiraz
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- ¾ cup mayo
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons finely diced dill pickles
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ cup caramelized onions
- Sea salt, to taste
To Build (Feel Free to Mix and Match with Your Favourite Burger Toppings)
- 16 slices of bacon, cooked until golden and crispy
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 8 burger-sized lettuce leaves
- 8 brioche buns, split and toasted
- Preheat a grill over high heat.
- First, prepare your Red Wine Teriyaki. Heat a saucepan over medium-heat, and combine your soy, mirin, Carnivor Shiraz, and maple syrup. Bring to a simmer and cook until reduced, and thickened enough to coat the back of a wooden spoon. Set aside.
- Grab a large bowl and combine your chuck and sirloin. Using your Carnivor Burger Press, mold and shape your patties, seasoning well on both sides with sea salt and cracked black pepper. Place in the fridge to firm up for 20 minutes while you crack on with the rest of your ingredients.
- Next, combine all of your special sauce ingredients in a bowl, mix well, and season to taste with sea salt. Cover and chill in the fridge. Note! This can be done in advance and kept in an airtight container in the fridge for a couple days. Perfect.
- Grill your pineapple until golden and charred all over, about 5-6 minutes per side.
- Heat a large, high-sided skillet over medium heat and pour in your oil. When the oil is shimmering, and working in batches as necessary, cook your burgers for 4 – 5 minutes per side until cooked through to medium rare doneness (cook longer if you prefer your burgers a little more well done). After you flip your burgers, add a slice of cheese to each for melted perfection. Awesome.
- Build your burgers on toasted brioche buns with a generous portion of special sauce, a cheeseburger, slice of grilled pineapple, a drizzle or two of Red Wine Teriyaki, and all your favourite extras. Serve immediately with a glass of Carnivor Shiraz. Delicious!
Share this Recipe