- 350 g finely chopped flank steak or filet mignon
- 1 French shallot
- 1 clove of garlic
- ¼ cup fresh parsley
- ¼ cup fresh coriander
- 1 to ½ tsp dried oregano
- 1 bird’s eye chilli, seeded
- The juice of half a lemon
- ⅓ to ½ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- Ground salt and pepper
- Crumbled blue cheese to taste
- Fried onions to taste
- In a food processor, combine the French shallot, garlic, parsley, coriander, oregano and bird’s eye chili. Blend on high until everything is well chopped.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl, then add the lemon juice, olive oil and honey. Season with salt and pepper.
- Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Mix the chimichurri with the meat, then serve on a plate using a mould or cookie cutter.
- Finish with the crumbled blue cheese and fried onions.
- Serve immediately with bread croutons, fries and/or salad.
Share this Recipe