- 1 bottle Carnivor Cabernet Sauvignon
- 1-cup water
- 3/4 Cup Vanilla sugar
- 1 whole vanilla bean, split and scraped
- 4 firm Bartlett, Anjou or Bosc pears, peeled leaving the stem intact
- Pre-heat grill indirect at 300F. Place the white wine, water, sugar and vanilla bean and pulp into a 4-quart saucepan over medium-high heat and bring to a boil using your side burner.
- Core the pears from the bottom. Place the pears into the liquid, cover and place pot in the indirect area of the grill for 30 minutes or until the pears are tender but not falling apart. Maintain a gentle simmer. Remove the pears to a serving dish, standing them upright, and place in the refrigerator.
- Remove the vanilla bean from the saucepan, increase the heat to high and reduce the syrup to approximately 1 cup of liquid, approximately 20 to 25 minutes. Do not allow the syrup to turn brown. Place the syrup in a heatproof container and place in the refrigerator until cool, approximately 1 hour.
- Remove the pears from the refrigerator, spoon the sauce over the pears and serve.
Share this Recipe