For the marinade
- 1 Flank steak (350 g)
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 hot pepper, cut into strips
- 11 tablespoon chopped capers
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon old mustard
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 75 ml. CARNIVOR red wine
For the asparagus
- 15 to 20 asparagus
- 2 tablespoon olive oil with basil
- Salt and pepper
- Mix all the marinade ingredients in a hermetically sealed bag.
- Place the marinade in the refrigerator for a minimum of two hours.
- Preheat the BBQ.
- When the BBQ is at 400˚F, cook the meat on the grill for about 4 minutes on each side. I recommend medium rare cooking (63˚C, 145˚F).
- Place the asparagus on aluminum foil with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Close the aluminum foil on itself.
- Cook on the BBQ 5 to 8 minutes.
Optional: Add a piece of herbal butter to the hot steak. Serve with homemade fries.
Share this Recipe